This summary plan description (SPD) of the ExxonMobil Employee Health Advisory Program (EHAP or the Plan) does not contain all the Plan details. In determining the scope of the EHAP’s benefits, the full provisions of the EHAP plan document, as they exist now or as they may exist in the future, always govern. Copies of these documents are available for your review.
Applicability to represented employees is governed by collective bargaining agreements and any local bargaining requirements.
The ExxonMobil Employee Health Advisory Program (EHAP) offers confidential, professional counseling for personal problems requiring limited intervention and clinical referral services for more complicated problems. Short-term counselling through EHAP is available in person, over the phone, using video chat, or via text messaging. You also have access to telephone coaching for personal growth, digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) web and mobile applications for common mental health conditions, an online platform and one-on-one education consulting for caregivers of children with special needs, and life assistance resources including legal services and community referrals.
EHAP coverage is automatic for eligible employees and family members at no cost to you.
EHAP is described in this SPD. These tools help you find specific information quickly and easily.
- Information sources, places where you can get more information.
- Plan at a glance, highlighting plan basics.
- A list of Key terms containing definitions of some words and terms used in this SPD.
A careful review of this SPD will help you understand how the Plan works so you can make the best use of it.You may obtain additional information through the sources shown in the Information sources section.
You may call the service at any time, for any reason. Reasons for seeking assistance are as varied as the individuals calling. Some of the types of situations for which you may seek help include:
- Crisis in the family, such as balancing career and family responsibilities, stress, relocation issues, divorce or separation, problems with children at school, serious illness, family violence, child abuse, problems with the legal system, death, or being a victim of crime.
- Ongoing problems, such as chemical dependency, anxiety, depression, family conflict, parental responsibilities and other family situations, and other personal and/or work-related concerns that may require limited professional counseling services.
- Special needs education consulting, including online resources and one-one-one sessions for caregivers of adolescents and children with anxiety, depression, learning difficulties, and other special needs.
- Referral services to resources in your community that can help you find home health care, nursing homes, legal services, consumer credit and financial information are also available through Magellan's Life Assistance Resources.
- Digital Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), through interactive web-based programs and mobile applications that can help you learn and practice life skills such as dealing with anxiety or developing good sleep habits.
How to get the care you need
If you or an eligible family member needs help with mental health, substance use, or other personal or family issues, follow these steps to get the care needed:
- Step 1: Call Magellan Healthcare at 800-442-4123 (24/7) and select the appropriate option to get the name of an EHAP counselor who can help you. A Magellan Master’s licensed clinician will ask you questions so that he or she can assess your situation. The Magellan clinician will provide you with the names and contact information for EHAP counselors who are part of the Magellan EHAP network offering services in your area or virtually over the phone, video chat, or via text messaging. The Magellan clinician will complete a registration and provide you with a registration number (MAT#).
- Step 2: Contact the EHAP counselor you have selected to schedule an in-person or virtual appointment. Mention that you are a member of the Plan. Provide the clinician with the MAT# given to you by the Magellan clinician.
- Step 3: Go to your appointment. You don’t have to file claim form. (If you need inpatient care or longer term treatment, your EHAP counselor or Magellan clinician will assist you to get the needed care).
EHAP professional counselors are located away from your workplace location, and Magellan does not reveal to the company the names of or reasons for individuals seeking EHAP assistance.
You may also select an EHAP counselor through the online self-referral process at www.magellanascend.com. To use the online self-referral process:
- Enter the URL www.magellanascend.com and sign in with your user name and password (or follow the instructions for creating a user name and password).
- Select “Explore” and then “Counseling”.
- Follow the online directions to “Find care in your area” including how to complete the online self-referral form. In the search tool, select the “ExxonMobil Life Assistance”, or “Telehealth EAP” provider list..
At your request, Magellan will send you a hard copy of the directory information; contact Magellan at 800-442-4123. If there are no network EHAP counselors near your home, you can access virtual care options or Magellan will locate a qualified provider for you.
Caregiver Guidance and Support for Special Needs Families
The Plan also provides services for caregivers raising children with emotional, behavioral, developmental, learning, or attention challenges through the Bright Horizons Family Resources Center. The program provides:
- Guidance and support based on your child’s unique situation,
- One-on-one personalized educational consulting from an experienced advisor that is matched to your family to address your child’s unique needs,
- A website that provides tools to help your child to overcome emotional, learning, or developmental challenges, and
- Live and on-demand programs with information to help in shaping your child’s future.
Care manager — Arranges for and provides counseling services.
314-387-4700 (if international, call collect)
24 hours a day, seven days a week
14100 Magellan Plaza Drive
Maryland Heights MO 63043
• Enter the URL www.magellanascend.com and sign in with your user name and password (or follow the instructions for creating a user name and password).
Bright Horizons Special Needs Program Family Resource Center
- Click on this URL https://exxon-brighthorizons.torchlight.care/?invitation_code=bhsn, or
- Type in https://exxon-brighthorizons.torchlight.care/?invitation, then enter company code bhsn.
- Log in by providing your name, email address and setting up a password.
ExxonMobil Benefits Service Center – Provides plan-related information.Phone: 800-682-2847
Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, except certain holidays
P.O. Box 18025
Norfolk, VA 23501-1867
ExxonMobil sponsored sites – Provides employees and their family members access to plan-related information.
- Employee Connect, the Human Resources Intranet Site — Can be accessed at work by current employees.
- ExxonMobil Family, the Human Resources Internet Site — Can be accessed from home by everyone at www.exxonmobilfamily.com.
Plan at a glance
Eligibility and enrollment
You do not need to enroll — coverage begins for you and your eligible family members as soon as you meet the eligibility requirements regardless of enrollment in the ExxonMobil Medical Plan. See Eligibility and enrollment for more information.
How the Plan Works
This Plan provides short-term counseling services to help you with relationships and other personal issues. You can call Magellan for a referral to an EHAP counselor.
The Plan provides counseling visits and referral services. Up to eight counseling visits may be provided at no cost to you, as clinically appropriate. All counseling services are arranged by and provided through Magellan, the Care Manager for this Plan. Coaching for personal growth and access to online tools and resources, including digital CBT programs, do not count towards your eight visit limit.
Administrative and ERISA information
This Plan is subject to rules of the federal government, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), not state insurance laws. You and your family members who lose eligibility may continue EHAP coverage for a limited time in certain circumstances. See Administrative and ERISA information.
This is an alphabetized list of words and phrases, with their definitions, used in this SPD. These words are underlined and linked throughout the SPD for easy identification. See Key terms.